Cardinal Seán will be off to Rome this week to participate in the November 24, 2012 Consistory with Pope Benedict XVI. The Holy Father will appoint six new members to the College of Cardinals.
The names of the new Cardinals are:
1. Archbishop JAMES MICHAEL HARVEY, Prefect of the Pontifical Household, whom I intend to name Archpriest of the Papal Basilica of St Paul Outside-the-Walls;
2. H.B. BÉCHARA BOUTROS RAÏ, OMM, Patriarch of Antioch for Maronites, Lebanon;
3. H.B. BASELIOS CLEEMIS THOTTUNKAL, Major Archbishop of Trivandrum for Syro-Malankaras, India;
4. Archbishop JOHN OLORUNFEMI ONAIYEKAN, of Abuja, Nigeria;
5. Archbishop RUBÉN SALAZAR GÓMEZ, Archbishop of Bogotá, Colombia;
6. Archbishop LUIS ANTONIO G. TAGLE of Manila, the Philippines.
The Cardinal will also celebrate Thanksgiving at the North American College in Rome.